The CCOC took over work on the Opera House Wurlitzer in late 2007, with the first concert taking place in April 2008 with Phil Kelsall.
The organ is a 3 manual 13 rank Wurlitzer organ from 1939. designed by Horace Finch, it was the last new Wurlitzer in the UK and the last but one made by that company. It has a rare Tibia Plena rank, one of only two to come to the UK and now the only surviving example.
In December 2010 we were invited to play in the Empress Ballroom for dancing. It was a great success and we have been invited back throughout 2011 and 2012, dates are available lower on this page. Sadly, the Wurlitzer Organ once installed in the Empress Ballroom was removed in 1970 and in 1988 was broken up to form part of another, larger organ on the South coast.